Monday 28 February 2011

♥ An Affair To Remember ♥

CChicken Crepe w/ Bundabersg 
Ginger Beer in Marche'
Affair - according to Thesaurus is synonymous to words - matter, business, event, issue, situation, thing, and concern. These words singularly describes my “AFFAIR” with the evil culprit – THE FOOD.


Just minutes before I made this blog, I was at the mall partying at my nephew’s 2nd birthday at Jollibee. You know this thing eating with your family and you tend to really get in the vibe of the family “getting-together” and eat out. All of you are in the mood to eat because food is meant to be shared with your loved ones. And because you’re with your loved ones, the appetite is even more heightened. Which often than not, every bit of it is bad, sinful and FATTENING! Imagine this, I have one serving of vanilla ice cream with rice crispies on top, one buttered chicken-breast part with rice and wicked gravy (the chicken will be lonely without it’s constant companion – the rice!), one serving of spaghetti and one glass of coke. All of it in one sitting! To think all of it is enough to feed a famished African family.

The Famous Ya Kun Kaya Toast, est. 1944
I do not have issues with self-esteem. It is just that seeing myself with fitted tee and my bulging tummy is not so F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S at all. You know how it feels when you walk or relating to people while you squeeze in your stomach to make it look flat? Despite the not-so-obvious effort in tucking it in, it is still visible and the worse part of it is you look awkward. 



The relationship I have with THE FOOD is great, if not great, productive with GUILT attached. I guess that is what they always tell you that if it GIVES YOU GUILT then you have to let go. Although I’ve been doing everything I can to control my sinful affair, measures are not so successful. I have been trying ways to cut it down, especially the CARBS but I failed. I lack discipline and drive to stop myself and I really cannot do it. For years, I have always longed to have six-packed abs and still I have not achieved it. Up to now, I still don’t know where to begin.

Oyster Omelet & Grass Juice in
Tiong Bahru Public Market


Hopefully next blog will be – FAREWELL TO RICE…..

-------------------------------------------------

This is a repost from my Friendster account last May 7th, 2007 at 5:25 am and is filed under The Diary of Noeh A. Jani.
-------------------------------------------------


I still have the LOVE-HATE relationship with food.. But mostly L.O.V.E. 

I'm new in this city and I just can't stop trying and experimenting local cuisines.  Street foods and "hawkers" (local food courts in streets) are the best way to explore the city's authentic taste.  And I love and enjoy every bite. 

FYI, I'm still on a mission to search on the best food there is in SG. Weeee!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...